Voices from the Warehouse
Now in its tenth year, Voices from the Warehouse is a month-long art exhibit and cultural event located in a re-purposed 15,000 square foot gallery space within Dubuque, Iowa’s Historic Millwork District. For images, visit www.voicesgallery.org. Voices began as a way for the artist’s voice to be heard, and quickly gathered support from the Dubuque community and beyond.
Voices X—Make Your Mark
Call to Artists Open to all artists 18 years or older to submit for jury selection
Deadline for submission: March 1, 2014
Voices X, the Midwest’s premier art event, is now inviting artists to submit for their annual juried show. The Voices X gallery is a raw15,000 sq ft urban warehouse space – ideally suited for the transformative art experience, which includes installations, video, two- and three-dimensional art.
Voices X, the anniversary exhibit of Voices from the Warehouse, is a month-long art exhibit and cultural event located in a re-purposed industrial warehouse within Dubuque, Iowa’s Historic Millwork District. Voices from the Warehouse is a grass-roots art movement wrought by distinctive artists and like-minded advocates.
Voices X is pleased to support the artists by offering a $300 stipend to each artist selected for the show, which will take place September 6 through October 4, 2014. Prizes have been increased for this anniversary event to $2,500 Best in Show cash prize, with $1,000 and $500 for place and show.
Artists are responsible for all costs, equipment and labor necessary for the delivery and removal of the work and assume all risk and damage to the work before and during installation as well as during and after removal. All work will be fully insured for the duration of the Voices show.
Please adhere to these guidelines when submitting your proposal. Those entries that do not comply will not be considered.
- A completed Voices from the Warehouse 2014 application including a 500-word, detailed explanation of the work you would like to submit and why it is appropriate for this show.
- Send between 5 to 10 images of the specific work or sketches of your idea.
- Photographs should be high resolution (300 dpi) and saved as jpegs (.jpg). If files are too large, send email request for a file drop location.
- Include an artist statement and resume
- Provide a valuation for the piece or pieces being considered for submission, for insurance purposes.
- Voices will retain a 30% commission on any artwork sold.
Please send entries to: Janice Roerig-Blong, Exhibition Coordinator email@example.com
March 1 Entry postmark deadline
April 15 Notification of selected works
August 10-16 Delivery window for accepted work
Sept. 6 Opening Night Reception (artists are strongly encouraged to attend)
Oct. 4 Exhibition Closes
Oct. 20 Art must be removed from exhibit
Look back to last year: 2013 Artists